Sunday, November 13, 2011

My favorite scottsman.

Hello folks.
    Today's randomness is brought to you by Diana Gabaldon.
     I have seen posts lately from Ms. Gabaldon stating that "The Scottish prisoner is coming out on the 29th. She's also posted that book 8 of the "Outlander" series is coming out in the spring of 2012. All I can say to that is *SQUEEE!!!*
     Hence the reason I put the countdown widget on my blog.
     Ah, that's better. Now moving on.
     I came across another fan's excited blog about loving Jamie Fraser and it inspired me to write a little something. Then I have to be a big girl and do my NaNoWriMo word count.
     For anyone who hasn't read the 'Outlander' series, boy you don't know what your missing.
It's such a vivid world with unique and well developed characters. As you read through the series, these characters become real to you so that when you read. It feels like your visiting old friends. I love the main character Claire. She's funny, smart and spunky. I'd like to be her.
     And then there is Jamie Fraser. *Fans self* whooh! He's just an awesome guy character.  Is he perfect--no. Actually all of the characters are perfectly human--i.e. imperfect and with flaws. but, their good traits are so endearing and likeable that you just have to like them.
       Every time I finish one of the huge novels I am sad because it ends too soon and I dread having to wait for the next book.
       I am definitely eager to read both upcoming novels and I suggest it to anyone who likes adventure, romance, humor, and manly fighting. 
     If you need me after the books come out--well, you'll just have to wait until I finish them.
until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment